- Like other PT series products, rigidity and lightness are attained by making the housing of Japanese-made aluminum alloy used in aircraft parts.
- Two completely independent isolated output terminals (9 VDC/500 mA) and six low-noise standard output terminals (9 VDC/100 mA) can power up to eight lines.
- Each 9VDC output terminal is stabilized and powers the effects unit via the separate noise filter and short-circuit protection circuit.
- The noise level of the power from the low-noise standard output terminal is greatly reduced by passing through the 2-step noise filter and the output voltage is set to approximately 9.8 VDC in order to reproduce the condition of power being supplied from a brand-new battery.
- The isolated output terminals can supply current higher than 1A momentary required by some digital effects units on boot.
- Since the two isolated output terminals are completely independent each other and electrically insulated, no ground loop noise will occur. External digital noise via mains power supply lines is rejected.
- The supplied DC power cables are not applicable to effects units from Eventide® or LINE6®. Customers need to prepare suitable cables for use with such units.
- Proper basic operations on the products noted above (DigiTech®, Eventide®, LINE6®, Strymon®) have been confirmed by FREE THE TONE (as of November 11, 2013). However this does not guarantee full operation of each product.
- Due to modifications or minor changes that might be made by a manufacturer of those products after our confirmation, the above-mentioned products may no longer be compatible with the PT-3D. As a precaution, before connecting, be sure to confirm the power requirements of the device to be connected to the PT-3D.
- The DC cable supplied with the PT-3D can be used with the following models.
DigiTech® WHAMMY DT™/WHAMMY 5™
- The PT-3D can be used for the following models by using the FREE THE TONE conversion cable “CP-R25CV”.
Eventide® TIME FACTOR/MOD FACTOR/PITCH FACTOR/SPACE